Single or Multiple CW services - Multiple Meters

Users who are viewing this thread

Dan P. Jones

Reaction score
Project is multi-family townhouse style apartments. There will be individual meters for each apartment (16) in the basement.

Questions is... can you have 1 main cold water service line coming in and splitting to each individual meter in the basement, or must there be 16 different cold water service pipes coming from the utility?

I thought I ready somewhere in the UPC that separate feeds are required for each unit but I can't remember the details.

Thanks

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Each unit should -obviously- have dedicated main with shut-off valve coming from wherever appropriate.
Meters provided by the utility in the basement off of one large utility main is fine when provided by the utility.
Just jurisdictional, not code related.
Around here, we have to start the project by applying for the new service, indicating loads (same with gas).
They need to know what new loads are coming, relative to what is in the local distribution network.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks