Single hole faucet to last a lifetime. Ikea faucet has anyone tried to get parts?

Users who are viewing this thread

CanOfWorms

Reaction score
SO I have to redo my bathroom floor. While the vanity is out I want to replace the faucet with one that will have a classic look and will be serviceable.
I currently have this other Ikea faucet in another bathroom and I am impressed by what appears to be a very good quality.
The problem is I need a single hole faucet and I want knobs not a lever.

I know the moment I mention IKEA I am going to get heat, but if you have only nasty comments why not try to suggest another product that I will be able to service that looks the same.

I am wondering how hard it would be to get stems for?

ikea faucet.jpg
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00228140/

Houptee

Reaction score
The stems are ceramic they should last a long time and at the point they go bad just replace the entire faucet with another from IKEA.
Costco had some nice faucets last time I was in there.
I got a really good deal on a Delta faucet

Last edited by a moderator:

Houptee

Reaction score
Found this on IKEA site they have 10 year warranty on faucets.

At your local IKEA store you’ll find spare parts, at no cost, for
all our kitchen faucets if you should need to replace something:
cartridge, filter/aerator, flexible hoses/pipes for connection or the
components for installation that come with the faucet. The spare

parts will be available up to two years after the kitchen faucet
has been discontinued from the range.

If the item is no longer sold by IKEA, IKEA will provide an
appropriate replacement. It is IKEA that determines, at its sole
discretion, what constitutes an appropriate replacement.

Last edited:

Houptee

Reaction score
Lifetime warranty hehe.
So do Glacier Bay faucets, husky tools, craftsman hand tools, harbor freight hand tools, and my GAF Timberline roof shingles.
Lots and lots of fine print on the shingles warranty.

My grandmother used to say "who's lifetime are they talking about"?

All Marketing 101 tactics. Buy it for looks, buy it for life......

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Anybody who has done work on Delta/Peerless or Moen knows that their warranty is the real deal. They will honor it, with a smile, even in 2100.

Houptee

Reaction score
I do like Delta faucets myself but then my question is this:

Why do they have a whole section in the stores of replacement cartridges and balls etc etc for Delta, Moen, Kholer, Pfister, yadda yadda if they all have a lifetime warranty why would you have to buy parts ever? Shouldn't they replace the faucet if the cartridge wears out?

And those parts are expensive too!

The Ikea faucets are starting to look more appealing since they say the parts are free in the store for 10 yrs or they give you a diff model if they don't carry the parts anymore.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The parts CANNOT "last forever", but they WILL send you the parts you need to maintain the faucet. Those manufacturers will ALSO send a replacement faucet if your current one cannot be repaired. Do car manufacturers replace the vehicle if the headlight burns out? Personally, I would much rather disassemble a faucet to install replacement parts than have to remove the entire faucet then install the replacement, if they DID furnish a new faucet when it fails.

Last edited:

Houptee

Reaction score
Cars have fine print on their factory warranty also.
For cars and trucks wear items (consumables) are never covered, like wiper blades, brake pads, bulbs, belts, hoses, filters, basically all the stuff that breaks first is not covered.

That's why I was surprised that Ikea says they will give you those consumable faucet parts free of charge.

Price Pfister did send me a update kit in the mail for two kitchen faucets that the handle would drop down by itself while using the water hence shutting off the flow. The kit came with a new cartridge and a super lightweight handle made of fake chrome plastic to replace the nice but heavy metal chrome handle. The problem was the setscrew that held it to the stem would never stay tight, and the handles fell off constantly, until the setscrew finally stripped the plastic threads out from having to be re-tightened weekly.

I never had problems with Delta or Moen other than wear out of cartridges.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks