Single handle Moen (shower only) has slow leak from pipe out of wall

Users who are viewing this thread

Caccaco

Reaction score
I am using very technical terms here but have pictures to better explain it. Our Moen shower fixture is leaking. I took off the shower head to see if it leaks directly from the wall and it does:

moen-caccaco-01.jpg

Its a slow but very steady drip and over the past couple of weeks has been increasing in speed. I no longer thing it's just water left over from a shower as it will still be dripping hours later.

This is what the handle part looks like as well as the Moen logo.

moen-caccaco-02.jpg

moen-caccaco-03.jpg

So where do I go from here to stop this?

Caccaco

Reaction score
Thanks!

Is the 1200 and 1225 interchangable? Home Depot right down the road has one I can go pick up tomorrow if so.

Caccaco

Reaction score
Got the brass one yesterday and replaced it, simple job and it does appear to have stopped the leak, so thanks!

One thing I noticed when I took it apart while following the guides is that there were three of these metal washers/trim things inside:

caccaco-01.jpg

When I put it all back together I only used one and left these two out. Any idea on why this would have been like this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Caccaco

Reaction score
So me just putting all of the extras in a drawer shouldn't matter much, right?

Its been two weeks now, no leaks detected from the shower head itself.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you save all the extra parts in a place you can actually find them later you will never need them. If however you toss them or place them in a "safe" place, you will need them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks