Single Handle Faucet - 1 or 3 holes

Users who are viewing this thread

Jdbs3

Reaction score
Upgrading an existing bathroom vanity with a new granite top and single handle faucet. Single handle faucets are either a single body construction that fits (and uses) 3 holes (4" centerset or spread), or a single hole unit. And some of the single hole units come with a cover plate that can be used to cover the extra 2 holes in a 4" centerset.

Are there any pros and/or cons to having the granite cut for a 4" centerset or single hole, or is it just an esthetics issue?

Yes, it's dependent on the faucet, but I couldn't think of anything else. Figured I'd ask before buying a faucet and having the hole(s) drilled for the unit.

Cookie

Reaction score
Tell the company you want it cut for a bathroom faucet. Are you doing this work yourself because it is my understanding that Massachuestts does not allow homeowners to do their own plumbing. And, I am going to be the new plumbing inspector in your town. LOL

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
If you put just a single hole, you will be limiting the future selection of faucets. Remember, the granite should outlast 2 or 3 faucets. Unless you are in love with a single post faucet with not plate, I would do the 3 holes now.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks