Simple Under Slab Layout

Users who are viewing this thread

Ozark Kevin

Reaction score
I am building a simple shop that will have a loft "living" area. The loft will have a standard bathroom and a small kitchen. There will be no plumbing fixtures on the main floor, but the sewer drain will be through a concrete slab. This is a small project in a remote area, so no plumbers have been eager to take the rough in job. A license is not required for this type of structure in this county, so I will do this myself. I believe all I need under the slab is shown in the attached diagram. Does this look correct? Thanks.

Attachments

• Under Slab Plumbing.JPG
    Under Slab Plumbing.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 172

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
You don't need to take 4" up to the bathroom. 3" is adequate and a lot easier to work with. The bathroom group should also vent through the roof.

Each fixture needs a trap and each trap needs a vent. If you can accomplish horizontal wet venting then you can use the drain of the bathroom fixtures to combine all their vents together. If not then each would have an individual vent that can combine to each other fixtures vents above the flood level of the highest fixture. Then those combined vents through the roof.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks