Silly question for the washer plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

Evo_Anne

Reaction score
First of all, please excuse my questions if they are silly. We bought a 1950's house. The plumbing behind the washer is different. I don't know how to effectively communicate with the plumber over the phone. So I am here to educate myself. Thank you very much for your time!

I am used to a box on the wall with a red and blue valves and center drain. My experience operating the washer is pressing the power button and it washes. This house has a washer in the basement. The copper plumbing is exposed, drain is in the wall. There are two yellow valves and the drain in on the side. I don't need to touch the yellow valves, just press the power button of the washer again the it washes, too.

Question: do I need to convert the plumbing to a box in the wall? What are the pro and con of this kind of plumbing? Also, I want an emergency washer shut-off, but all products that I saw seem to be designed for the washer box style. Suggestions?

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 141
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 135

Mr tee

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you turn the yellow handles 90 degrees when not using the machine it will shut the water to the hoses and you won't need a detector.

Evo_Anne

Reaction score
If you turn the yellow handles 90 degrees when not using the machine it will shut the water to the hoses and you won't need a detector.
It's that simple?!!! So I actually don't need to buy a washer emergency shut-off? Thank you!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks