silicone tubing repair for baseboard

Users who are viewing this thread

bertgunn

Reaction score
has anyone used silicone radiator hose to repair hydronic heating leaks? i am thinking of using 7/8 id tubing to repair hydronic baseboard fintube. the hose is rated 350 deg. and 60 psi. it would fit easily over slightly expanded baseboard tubing. have any of you used it successfully? it offers some flexibility and great heat resistance. not cheap (7-10 bucks a foot, but for a quick repair, i think it should last indefinitely.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Never used it. Wonder if it has a oxygen barrier in it, type of clamps that are recommended and if they want a barb end to connect to. Has good temp and pressure specs. Might use it for a short term temporary fix but not permanent. Have to good of luck with copper or steel pipe. Want a job that is plumb, level and square.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks