Silicone Glass Panels and Remodel

Users who are viewing this thread

mrick

Reaction score
Is silicone around glass panel needed? It is noticeable? Can the door swing inward? Are clips or channel better?

thnx,
mrick

Last edited:

Rob223

Reaction score
Ive never seen glass doors not sealed with silicone to the edges, thats what keeps the water inside from possibly leaking out, as far as clips vs. channel I guess thats a personal preference but I think the clips would look better. I woulnt have run it to the ceiling unless its a steamroom but that just means youll need to leave the door open which most people do anyway to help dry it out.

Rob223

Reaction score
Even if they used channel that would also be siliconed to the tile, so I feel its a cleaner look with out it. You should ask THEM why the note says to swing the door in, normally shower doors swing out, Ive never seen one swing in.

mrick

Reaction score
Thanks Rob

Many thanks for your help Rob.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks