Silcock too close to grade

Discussion in 'Lawn Care/Landscaping' started by kramca, May 22, 2018.

1. kramca

kramca New Member

For various reasons one spigot on the back of my brick home is rather low to the ground. Attaching a hose is a bit of a chore. There is also a leak so I am between having it removed and new washer put on or replacing with something that will help the problem. Some of our spigots are an a 45 degree angle and that might help.

I've researched what is out there in terms of different angled spouts etc. In TN we really don't need frost proof as we've never had a problem.

Any help or referrals are appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida The wife is still training me.

Retired
    If you want a way without doing any plumbing is to install a basement window well. Dig down, below the depth of the well, throw in stone for drainage. Leave maybe 12" or more of space below the spigot.

[​IMG]

If you do not have freeze problems you can install a spigot upside down or at 90 degrees.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. hj

hj Master Plumber

Plumber
    You can also get a brass "hose 45 degree" fitting to put on the faucet and then hook the hose to it.

5. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

This is what I did on my water heater. That is a garden hose adapter on the end.

[​IMG]

6. Treeman

Treeman Member

It's tough to tell from pictures, but would a silcock like this give enough clearance:
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    Search "no kink hose bibb"

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018