Shutoff valve using WiFi

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Gregory Lee, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Gregory Lee

Gregory Lee New Member

I would like to be able to turn on/off the water main to my house remotely. I've considered getting:

WaterCop Z-Wave Actuator Motor and Shut-Off Valve Leak Prevention
    https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/pr...-and-shut-off-valve-leak-prevention-value-kit

The largest size option is '1 inch size valve'. I measured the water supply (copper) coming from the ground inside the wall of my house. The circumference is 4 inches, so I suspect the outer diameter is 1 1/4 inches.

Would my copper supply line fit the 1 inch valve? And if so, would it be connected with a compression fitting or soldering? I could not find any compression fittings that were bigger than an inch in diameter.

2. valveman

valveman Cary Austin Staff Member

Pump Controls Technician
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement