Shut-off valve - angle or straight, does it matter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Lvrpl

Reaction score
I'm replacing a pair of shut-off valves below a sink. The pipes come up through the floor of the cabinet. Does it matter whether I use angle-stop (the normal 90-degree type you see most everywhere) or straight-stop?

Obviously straight-stop would let the supply lines run to the faucet a bit more directly, but is there anything in code that prevents using an angle-stop? Just wondering because I'm trying to get the job done today, only have angle-stops on hand, and my local supply house is closed today. If it matters, I'm putting on compression quarter-turn stops.

Thanks for any help.

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
You can use angle stops just make sure your supply tubes are long enough to make the bend to the angle stop.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Use the angle stops you have. If tomorrow you think the straight stops would be better, it will be easy to swap
them since you are using compression fittings.

Lvrpl

Reaction score
Great, thanks for the advice. Got the angle stops on and they're working great, and the supply lines look fine.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks