Shower won’t drain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Aaron Virnig

Reaction score
Installed a stand alone steam shower. Plumbed 1 1/4” through the floor to crawl space. Went up to 2” and installed a p-trap. Shower won’t drain. Took ptrap out and the shower drains perfectly. Do I need to vent? This is not going to a sewer ( I have sewer problems right now and will be replacing.) any help is appreciated.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
?... Plumbed 1 1/4” through the floor to crawl space........Went up to 2”..... Do I need to vent? This is not going to a sewer....

Showers of any kind must be 2” drains.
What do you mean went up 2”?
Always need to vent.
What are you draining to?

Aaron Virnig

Reaction score
Here are some pics. I went to 2” in my crawl space.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 206
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 207

Aaron Virnig

Reaction score
I put a trap adapter under the house to a 2” ptrap. Water drains without ptrap. Will not drain from ptrap even if I have half of it off by disconnecting at the union.

Aaron Virnig

Reaction score
I put a trap adapter under the house to a 2” ptrap. Water drains without ptrap. Will not drain from ptrap even if I have half of it off by disconnecting at the union.
Draining to a French drain. Washer and another shower on the same line and work fine.

Aaron Virnig

Reaction score
Oh. And I strongly advised against purchasing this thing but the wife had to have it

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
That is not a drain and going to a french drain is not legal. I doubt anyone on this forum would help. The connection at the drain may have come with the unit for above the floor drain but after that it must be proper.

You mention your sewer is no good. What are the toilets draining to?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks