Shower Water Pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

MK_Chicago

Reaction score
Hi Guys -

I just had a new shower panel installed and am trying to figure out how to improve the water pressure. The pressure is great at a mid-level temperature (90-95 degrees), but at either higher or lower temps, the pressure drops off.
In the video, you can see the pressure goes up significantly at that mid-level.

My obvious assumption is that at mid-level temp I am getting a higher mix of both the hot and cold which is why the pressure is better. Any thoughts on how to improve the pressure at the extremes? Increase overall water pressure for house?

Thanks

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Sounds like the mixing valve to me. You can always use a booster pump if you need more pressure. I don't know if you can even get them anymore but a shower install with a separate valve for hot and cold could help.

Reach4

Reaction score
Is your water coming through 3/8 ID pipe supplying your 5 GPM shower or 1/2 inch ID to your 10 GPM shower? Turning up the pressure from the well could probably help in that case. Remember to adjust the air precharge if you change the pressure switch.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks