Shower Valve Trim Replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

FrankPlumbing

Reaction score
Hello,
I am looking for a replacement for the shower valve trim in the attached picture in the relatively cheap price range ($20-$50). I don't want the red button temperature control type, just a standard lever that controls temperature, not the pull out to turn on type either. FYI, the screws on the existing trim are at 5 and 7 o'clock. Thank you for the help.

Attachments

• received_10157000729996562.jpeg
    received_10157000729996562.jpeg
    40.5 KB · Views: 193

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Unfortunately, what you WANT, and what you CAN GET, are two different things. Unless you also change the parts inside the wall, you can ONLY replace the trim with other versions of the same thing you now have.

FrankPlumbing

Reaction score
Thank you for the response. Do you happen to know what brand and model I currently have from the picture? There doesn't seem to be any indication of that on the trim. It was already installed in my house when I bought. The temperature control knob on the inner part of the lever no longer functions correctly and it is also starting to fall apart.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You might be able to get a better idea of who made it if you take the trim off and can picture the cartridge and valve body in the wall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks