shower valve plumbing question

Users who are viewing this thread

ragtop68rs

Reaction score
Guys, I'm starting a master bath remodel. For my shower I want to use the moentrol 3320(IPS)or 3330(CC) valve. My plumbing is all pex. Could I use either one of these and just use adapters to change to pex? Would one be better or easier to use than the other? Thanks, John

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Not much difference between the two.
The tub spout needs either copper or pipe.
No PEX or PEX fittings to the tub spout.

The valve must be sturdy in the wall. PEX can allow too much flex, so if running PEX, secure the valve in there solid.

moen-tub-spout-install.jpg

Last edited:

Jm66208

Reaction score
I just installed two moentrol valves this week in a remodel. Not much in the way of mounting provided on the valve, so I "stub" them out with copper to give me something to mount with. then you could transition to pex if you so desire.

Jm66208

Reaction score
tub.jpg

Here's a pic terry showed me recently of a tub install. I don't carry a camera. Note his rough in. Do it like he did, securing the valve with copper pipe. just transition to pex below the lower 2 x 4 brace he put in.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks