Shower Tray for Curbless Shower & Linear Drain

Users who are viewing this thread

codude

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm installing a 60 x 48 curbless shower in a the back right corner of a 10' x 12' bathroom. Plan to install 12 x 24 large format tiles on floor throughout the bathroom including shower. (I am aware of the drawbacks to large format tiles, ie slip hazard.) I plan to install a 48" linear drain on back wall.

What is the recommendation of those who've used prefab single plane slope pans? The Tru-Gard 50x60 OneSlope is reasonably priced but comes in 4 pieces, which doesn't excite me. The Laticrete form is one piece, but is 5x the price of the Tru-Gard. I can't really find any other products with the proper dimensions and sloping the "long" direction.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Attachments

• BATHROOM.png
    BATHROOM.png
    103.5 KB · Views: 614
Reaction score
curbless shower
The only industry expert for this is Schluter-Systems.

Take a look at some of their wet room whitepapers, videos. Specifically, the Schluter-KERDI-SHOWER-ST and the Schluter-KERDI-SHOWER-L/-LS.

Another concern for large floor tiles is that they can crack from normal service. The Schluter-DITRA floor underlayment will protect them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks