Shower stall over heating vent

Users who are viewing this thread

newtoremodels

Reaction score
Hello All,

I want to install a tiny shower stall in my powder room. The best place for it is to remove the
huge vanity that is occupying a lot of space and put the stall in that place. The only problem is
there is heating/cooling vent right under the vanity. Is it possible to install a shower over the
vent? is this an issue that is routinely dealt with remodels? How much of labor, work and finances
involved to this type of remodel.

Thanks in advance for answering my question.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Any estimate without seeing the place in person, and getting more details of what's there, and what you want to accomplish would be irresponsible, and likely inaccurate. Are you going to be doing the work yourself, verses paying for it to be done? You can get a fair idea of the parts costs, but often, labor is a major component of the total cost, and there is a huge variation in parts costs depending on what you choose. For example, you can buy tile that costs $0.25/sqft, or spend nearly $100 for a fancy glass or exotic stone...hard to say what the cost would be for what you want and can afford.

newtoremodels

Reaction score
move the vent. It will probably be cheaper.
Thank you What is the average price of moving things around? How many hours of labor is involved,
Like I said earlier, this is my first home, I have no idea as to which is what.

newtoremodels

Reaction score
Any estimate without seeing the place in person, and getting more details of what's there, and what you want to accomplish would be irresponsible, and likely inaccurate. Are you going to be doing the work yourself, verses paying for it to be done? You can get a fair idea of the parts costs, but often, labor is a major component of the total cost, and there is a huge variation in parts costs depending on what you choose. For example, you can buy tile that costs $0.25/sqft, or spend nearly $100 for a fancy glass or exotic stone...hard to say what the cost would be for what you want and can afford.

Thank you jadnashua, this is beyond my ability to make it DIY. I would like to get this done by a professional. I am trying to get a sense of what I would be getting into prior to engaging someone. I am a first time home owner and bought the place about 2 months ago I need a shower in the downstairs powder room and would not want to touch anything to make room for shower. So decided to get rid of the big vanity and change direction of the toilet bowl and I think we can fit a small 32x32 shower stall. The disruption, and the kind of work involved to install a shower above a heating vent is what I am trying to get answers to.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Is this a floor register, or wall register, and the second part of that is where does the supply duct run since you'll need room beneath to run the drain and vent.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks