Shower remodeled: doesn’t drain, then drains FAST

Users who are viewing this thread

Ddonald

Reaction score
Hi, I just had my shower remodeled (not by me). The shower was only retiled but we also added a tub. For the first five minutes the shower doesn’t drain at all, then it drains super fast. Not sure what the issue is. Any help is appreciated!

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
May depend on how the tub drain was added. My first suspicion is improper venting. If the plumbing was performed by a licensed plumber most likely it was done correctly. If by the someone else, who knows. There could be blockage. If the tilers use the tub or shower drains to wash away grout or thinset from their tools, the cement products could have hardened inside the pipes.

If below this bathroom you have access such as a crawl space, pictures could help. If it's on a slab, the scope will be needed to inspect the drain system. If this work was performed by a remodeling company they need to get this figured out.

Was there a permit issued for adding the tub? If there was an inspection usually it will uncover incorrect work. When we had our master bath reworked, the tub was removed and a new shower pan had to be built. We had three permits and plumbing was one of them. For Orange County it is about $150 for each residential permit, it was well worth it.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks