Shower Problems

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Dennis Rocque, Nov 7, 2005.

  1. Dennis Rocque

    Dennis Rocque New Member

    Nov 7, 2005
    I am trying to find the manufacturer of a shower facuet stem. The house is approximately 30 - 35 years old. The stem is not the type with a washer that is replaceable on the end. It appears to be some sort of a sleeve, I assume some type of external seal or seat on the shower housing body located behind the ceramic tile wall goes into the center of it as you close to stop the flow of water.

    Can you help me?

  2. jimbo

    jimbo Plumber

    Aug 31, 2004
    San Diego, CA
    Could you post a picture using Photobucket or other means?
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

  4. Dennis Rocque

    Dennis Rocque New Member

    Nov 7, 2005
    I will go to mother-in-laws tommorrow - remove - photograph it and send.

    Last edited: Nov 7, 2005
  5. plumber1

    plumber1 Plumber

    Aug 7, 2005
    shower faucet

    I'd guess that it's a Kohler or American Standard.

    Can you take it to a good supplier or plumbing shop and look it up in their parts catalog?

    If I could see it, I could tell you....
Similar Threads: Shower Problems
Forum Title Date
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Symmons Shower Problems Jan 26, 2016
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Problems with Shower/Shower Head Oct 4, 2013
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Clogged Shower Trap creating big problems Jan 26, 2012
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Delta Monitor Shower Valves and Takagi tankless heater problems Oct 27, 2011
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Problems with Kohler 304-KS-NA Bath and shower Rite-Temp Valve with stops Mar 8, 2010

Share This Page