Shower pipe weight load

Users who are viewing this thread

Owen05

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have pretty hard water but rent my place. I got this softener called a "showerstick" from watersticks.com that screws onto the shower pipe in place of the showerhead. The water runs through a hanging filtration tube before running up a hose and out a handled showerhead.

My main question is whether it's ok to have a sustained weight of about 10 pounds affixed and hanging from the shower pipe. The company says it's ok if the pipe feels secure in the wall, but I don't want any leaks to spring behind the wall if it's putting too much stress on anything back there. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Owen05

Reaction score
It depends on the shower arm. Some have very thin threads and crack easily, while others are thicker, and thus stronger.

Thanks. Do you know how I can tell which sort I have? Anything else I should check to make sure it's secure enough?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks