Shower pan has massive squeaks. Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

BrandonMat74

Reaction score
Hi all. Here is my dilemma.
Installed a 60x36 acrylic shower pan. It has a 3” front lip and 3 feet at the back. Plywood reinforced bottom with a center drain. Used shims and sand mix for leveling. I did not pour a whole bed but rather used piles of sandmix to level the unit. I tested it prior to fastening and it was solid and level.
During tiling I found no issues standing in the pan.
After completing all tiling in the shower and the floor up to the shower I now have some massive squeaks. I have squeaking at the 3” threshold and in the far right of the pan.
After pulling whatever hair I had left out of my head I am left scratching... I was in the shower tiling and noticed no squeaks. I can find no reason that the install of the floor would cause this
I can rip out the tiles and pan to reset again but to be honest that probably isn’t an option.
I have purchased some low expansion foam to inject under the pan by way of disconnecting drain and feeding a tube between the drain flange and the pan into the space below.
I guess I’m just looking for some advice. At this point I’m not sure whether it is the pan or the subfloor beneath it. I’m looking to save the install and get rid of the squeaks.
Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks