Shower pan edges are not level

Users who are viewing this thread

vroom

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a newbie here, I installed a shower pan with a quick slope and mud bed, the right and left walls are level, but the center wall and the curb are not, as you can see form the pictures I have a dip in the middle, is there a way to fix the it so it's leveled?
thank you

Attachments

• bath2.jpg
    bath2.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 256
  • bath3.jpg
    bath3.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 274

MKS

Reaction score
Just a shower thought.
The door system will be square.
So if the surface that door system rests/seals is out of level you won't be happy.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Quick slope has some good and bad points.

If this is just your preslope...personally, I'd just tear it out and try again. The materials are cheap, and now that you have some experience the next one will be easier.

The way to do this is to first draw a level line all around the shower. Pack mud along each edge using a level to ensure it is level and hard. Then, use a straight edge screed to go between that outside edge you made and the top of the drain.

The people over at www.johnbridge.com specialize in tiling things and are a good resource.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks