Shower pan and handheld sprayer advice needed

Users who are viewing this thread

KelliSean

Reaction score
Hello,
planning for a walkout basement shower to wash my 90lb dog. I would like it to be nice because it is part of a three piece bath. I’m thinking 36 x 60 what is a good shower pan or base to use I have seen acrylic and the onyx solid surface?
For shower head and handheld would the IKEA Brogrund be ok it has a 10 year warranty. Or am I better off with a major brand. The onyx Wall panels are expensive so I’m considering tile for the walls.
I appreciate your suggestions.
Thank you
Kelli

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Your least expensive option would be a prefab unit. Your most durable would be to tile the whole thing.

Check out www.johnbridge.com for help building your shower. Building a shower isn't technically hard, but it is very detail oriented...mess up one aspect, and you can have problems. The dog's nails will tend to chew up acrylic or fiberglass prefabs, but have essentially no effect on a tiled shower. Even a porcelain coated cast iron receptor might tend to get scratched from sand and crud with a dog involved.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks