Shower multi-head diverter plumbed wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

JustSomeGuy

Reaction score
arg! I didn't realize that the photos would disappear - let's try this again with a different host!

I did a bunch of searching, but haven't found a post about anyone else being a huge dumbass like I was ;)

So years ago I got this big acrylic shower that had literally fallen off a truck and cracked - we bought it and sat on it for a while before I stripped out the valves and jets and installed into a smaller enclosure.

In my infinite wisdom, I relied on memory rather than photographs and now it never diverts from the body jets (bottom ports) It's a moen thermostatic valve with a control valve for on/off/volume and a diverter valve on the other end. I didn't change the physical layout of the valve or ports - I think the hoses are just in the wrong ports and rather than try 500 different things I figured I'd consult the experts!

Originally, it had a hand-held, a rainfall, big body jets, and tiny jets.... as part of my overhaul, I couldn't fit the jets in, so I blocked the port I believed them to be connected to.

Refer to attached photos - save me please!

jSAyUVRwLWysZjEe2
vmiyODoEh13VtIYE3
L8sD7Bu2dMOPuWhl2
klfCBkSOV0h3mBdx1

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AGAaO05vHhu87d553

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I am not sure about your question. Since the body jets are connected to the bottom of the valve, where a tub spout would normally be installed, the only control of them IS the lower valve. They are not connected to any "diverter" function.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you want photos to stay, when posting, scroll down a bit and go to advanced, then upload a file to include them in your post.

JustSomeGuy

Reaction score
I am not sure about your question. Since the body jets are connected to the bottom of the valve, where a tub spout would normally be installed, the only control of them IS the lower valve. They are not connected to any "diverter" function.
I guess I'm good with the jets always operating, but it would be nice to switch between the rainfall and hand held to run with the jets? Or alternately, what would you recommend?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks