Shower Mixing valve and diverter valve questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Lardog

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am building a new shower and am trying to determine the layout of my shower rough-in valves (primary valve and diverter for hand-held). I am using Pfister valves/trims. The main valve is the 0X8 Series Tub & Shower Rough-In Valve and the diverter valve is the 2-Port 3-Way Diverter Valve. Unfortunately, if I install these valves strictly following the orientation in the installation instructions, the input and output ports will be facing the wrong directions and will involve lots of line routing, criss-crossing, etc... Pfister support lines are closed today (President's Day) and I'd like to get these installed today so I'm turning to you all.

1) In the instructions for the diverter valve, it indicates the water source is to come from the tub outlet on the main valve and the shower outlet is to be plugged. I understand that tub outlets typically need more flow to avoid back pressure up the shower line. Does the water out from the main valve need to come out of the tub port or will the shower port be sufficient? Does the tub outlet provide more flow volume than the shower outlet, which would be necessary if I want to use both the shower head and the hand-held simultaneously?

2) If so, since I do not have a tub, I'd like to rotate the valve 180* so this outlet is on top, rather than the bottom. If I do this, are there any issues with having hot/cold inlets on the opposite sides from normal?

3) The diverter valve has one input and two outputs. The secondary outlet on the diverter valve diverter valve is also pointing in the wrong direction. I'd like to rotate this valve 180* too. I'm wondering if I do this, can I simply reverse the input and primary outlets, meaning I'd be using the in for the out, and vice-verse?

Hopefully my questions make sense. Thanks all for any assistance.

Cheers,
-Larry

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks