Shower mixer - need selection help

Users who are viewing this thread

Derrell

Reaction score
Remodeling bathroom. Shower only, no tub. Wife wants fixed shower head and hand-held shower head. I'm a semi-novice DIY'er and have done this 4 times over the years. Doing research and I am leaning towards a thermostatic mixer. I've narrowed it down to 2 choices; Delta 1700 series and Hansgrohe. Was leaning towards Hansgrohe (more expensive, but cheap compared to unhappy wife). My problem/question is my supply lines. I have 1/2" copper supplies. Thought I had found what I wanted with the Handgrohe shower system HG-T213820 but then saw the mixer had 3/4" inlets. Looking for advice on product selection based on my wife's requirements:
1. Lots of shower head pressure.
2. Fixed shower head and separate hand-held head.
3. Would be nice if diverter could feed both together.
4. Thermostatic temp control

Would appreciate opinion/advice. Seems I've spent more time with Google than working in the bathroom. I'm at the supply line rough in stage now.

Thanks in advance.

Derrell

Reaction score
Update to above question.
More Google digging into the Hansgrohe specs and I see that they offer 3/4 to 1/2 reducers for their mixers. Anyone know how this impacts mixer performance and shower head pressure?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks