Shower Leak

Users who are viewing this thread

y2kmurray

Reaction score
When I turn the shower handle water comes out from the shower head and the tube spout...whats wrong here?? please help

I have a gerber 3 handle... last week I replaced the shower stem

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
On a 3-handle shower, there are three stems. Which one did you replace, and did you have this problem before you replaced it?

nadine

Reaction score
Hello,
The handle and faceplate are only cosmetics, the valve body itself has a cartridge in it that turns water on and off. Sometimes a complete replacement is the order of the day to stop the leaking, if I knew a little more about faucet would help. Go to moen.com look up shower faucets and they have a breakdown ot schematics and should help you. Sometimes they will send a new cartridge if yours is a Moen.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hello,
The handle and faceplate are only cosmetics, the valve body itself has a cartridge in it that turns water on and off. Sometimes a complete replacement is the order of the day to stop the leaking, if I knew a little more about faucet would help. Go to moen.com look up shower faucets and they have a breakdown ot schematics and should help you. Sometimes they will send a new cartridge if yours is a Moen.

Are you reading the same post I am?
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks