Shower/Laundry Wet Vent Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Eldudarino

Reaction score
Longtime lurker, first time poster. I would like to start by thanking everyone for the great information on this forum. It has helped me successfully get through a pretty big project. I was doing fine until it came to this one situation.

I am adding a laundry/bath to an addition that is extending out into a garage. The concrete has been cut open and all of this will be buried and covered over. I will have a 36" shower next to a stacked washer/dryer against an external wall in a single story dwelling. The easiest thing to do is have the washer/dryer and the shower share a vent as shown the drawing. I could add another vent for the shower, but not easily.

In short, a 1.5" vent will serve first a 2" washer stand and then a 2" shower drain downstream. I can vary the trap arm length of my shower, I believe it has to be greater than 18".

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• ShowerWasherVent.jpg
    ShowerWasherVent.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 400

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
We can't wet vent shower with washers using UPC code.
I would vent them separately and tie them together at six inches above the washer standpipe.

Eldudarino

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the quick reply. I have had some lucky breaks elsewhere in the project, this evens things out!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks