Shower knobs and spout no longer fit...

Users who are viewing this thread

MTMS

Reaction score
I put in a new shower wall to the studs and with the shape of it, it sticks out farther. This is making it so the knobs can't screw back in (they already had extensions screws) and the faucet is too long. I only have about 2 inches of pipe coming out from the wall for the spout to fit onto. What suggestions do you have for getting these back on? Are there shorter spouts available and longer screw extensions? Thank you very much!

Attachments

• IMG_1656.jpg
    IMG_1656.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_1657.jpg
    IMG_1657.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_1659.jpg
    IMG_1659.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 175

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Pull the panels off and move the valve in the wall.
Also, use a brass nipple with a drop ear for the tub spout and that can be threaded in later with the correct sizing after the panel is up.

delta-lahara-06.jpg

rp5834-terrylove-5.jpg

Delta makes an easy to install tub spout that uses either pipe nipples, a male adapter or solder it on.

rp5834-terrylove-3.jpg

Whatever it takes for their adapter and then the spout threads to that.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks