Shower Heads & Switching between them

Users who are viewing this thread

Furb

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I'm remodeling my entire shower/bathroom and I'm unsure what I want to do with one part of it. I found somewhere that if I put multiple shower heads (front facing/rain/others) etc. some companies make a push-button switch that will switch between the shower heads turning them on/off. Of course I can't decide if I want two shower heads above me, or even what brand I want hehe. I was looking around at Grohe stuff... does anybody know what the industry term for those shower head selectors are?

Thanks,

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Some integrated 'systems' may have buttons, but most are installed with a stand-alone diverter valve(s). It depends on how selective you want to be about what type you need.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Most "pushbuttons" are integral with the valve body and only work to select between a spout, (but not a shower head), and a second item such as the shower head. I cannot imagine how they would design one which would "step" between several devices. That type of selector is almost always a rotary valve with multiple ports.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks