Shower head supply line

Users who are viewing this thread

danfman

Reaction score
Hello I’m replacing my prefab plastic shower with a custom tile enclosure. I’m planning to make a 3 ½” shelf along the wall of the shower faucet. I would like to put the iBox mixing valve/handle a few inches below the shelf and the shower head a few feet above the shelf. This would require a bend in the line between the mixing valve and the shower head. All the videos I’ve watched and everything I’veread has said to make sure the line is vertically plumbed. Does anyone see a problem with installing the shower head supply line in this manner? Would it make any difference if I used PEX or copper?

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
No there's no problem with running a shower head in anything other than a straight run. With a shower/bath combo the shower head needs to be above the tub outlet that may be what your thinking of. If your using a shower only then there's no reason to worry about the configuration.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks