Shower head releases in middle of night

Users who are viewing this thread

mrick

Reaction score
We don't even have the new shower completed. We have the new Delta shower valve installed. We have the marble in and the rain head shower installed but we have not put in the glass door. This is a brand new remodel for this bath attached to my bedroom.

So at about 2:00 in the morning, the shower head just releases water and starts dripping. It's pretty loud and wakes us up. It's done this twice now. We can turn the water on and back off and it will stop. Or if we move the shower head around it seems to stop.

Any idea what causes this intermittent release of water in the middle of the night? It isn't just a drip drip drip - it's a pretty good release.

mrick

mrick

Reaction score
Hi again Redwood

No sir. That answer was perfect. It sounds kind of like when you hold your finger over the end of a straw.

Sorry about the cross posting.

mrick

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
Do you have an expansion tank on your water heater?
If you do not, it might be a thermal expansion issue...

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
He had a large rainfall type shower head that hours after use, would decide to empty out.

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
Mine used to do that. If I tilted the rain shower head it would empty out, if I kept it perfectly level it didn't and didn't even drip at all.

Jason

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks