shower handles

Users who are viewing this thread

fixitup

Reaction score
I am replacing tub with shower stall---would like to know if there is a benefit of 3 handle shower compared to a 2 handle or 1 handle setup? I have a 3 handle now, and like it, but so many use 2 or 1 setup----during the replacement process the handles will be moved up the wall:( if that makes any differences)thanks for any help

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The code today will require that in the remodel, you use a scald-protected type of shower, such as a single handle pressure balanced or thermostatic. A regular old 2 or 3 handle will not be allowed.

fixitup

Reaction score
shower facets

I do not doubt what you say, but you can still buy 2 or 3 handles, is scalding the only draw back?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Safety, resale value, code requirements...if you want the look with two handles, you can do it, but they likely would perform different jobs: temperature control and volume control rather than just hot and cold.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I do not doubt what you say, but you can still buy 2 or 3 handles, is scalding the only draw back?

Loopholes are everywhere. The antiscald feature is the code reason. But many people today prefer, and expect, a single handle operation, so as someone mentioned, you affect your resale value. Folks will look at a 2 handle shower as an old bathroom which needs to be renovated.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks