Shower Handle Doesn't Turn + No Hot Water

Users who are viewing this thread

wcc201

Reaction score
Hey guys. Long time fan of this forum and excited I finally get a chance to post something on it for once. I recently bought a new shower head system w/ knob and all for my bathroom since it needed a new one pretty badly. (The old one was turning greenish yellow? Not very appetizing.) At any rate, I had it installed but two things I noticed were:

(1) The shower knob is a single handle that turns counter-clockwise. When I goto turn the knob, it turns very short and doesn't feel like its turning all the way. It turns for an inch or two and stops. It just seems like too short of a range for a shower knob?

(2) The water is very lukewarm. I think the new shower system may have a limiter built in. Can this limiter be removed? If you turn the handle to the hottest water temperature setting the shower water just comes out luke warm or just slightly warm.

I googled some articles for it and all I could find was this: http://www.doityourself.com/stry/how-to-repair-a-shower-faucet-water-doesnt-get-hot

If I left out any info that would help please let me know and I'll do my best to answer. Really appreciate any advice from ppl who might've experienced this kind of shower/bathroom problem. Thanks in advance for any help.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Sounds like its a Moen Positemp. The single handle units have a plastic insert on the stem that can be set to stop the handle from going to full hot. It's to protect anyone, especially the elderly that might get confused and turn it to a hotter setting. Click on this link for a picture. It's named temperature limit stop. If its another brand there would be a similar.
https://www.moen.com/shared/docs/exploded-parts-views/t2151pt.pdf

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Delta and Moen have a limit stop behind the handle. Pull the handle, and adust that stop. I know that Delta comes with theirs adjusted way too cold for most people.

wcc201

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your help. With your guys help and google search I was able to find a video regarding adjusting the limiters on the delta brand shower I have. Thanks again for all your guys comments. Very much appreciated yall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks