Shower gets colder

Users who are viewing this thread

Sefxtc

Reaction score
Hi, my question is when I start my shower I have to put it to almost 50% on the hot side. Then after 5 minutes the water gets colder (Luke warm). Then i turn the knob a little hotter, right after 5 min it gets colder again. What could be the cause of this?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
What type of water heater do you have? If electric, one of the two heating elements is burned out or a bad thermostat.

Only one element is on at one time. With a cold tank the upper element is turned on to heat the upper half of the tank. When it reaches the set temperature, the upper thermostat switches power to the lower element. The lower element heats the water until its thermostat is satisfied.

With a normal operation as cold water enters at the bottom of the tank, the water cools from the bottom as the hot water is drawn from the top. When the upper half of the tank get colds enough, the upper thermostat switches power away from the lower and switches it to the upper heating element.

upload_2020-12-20_20-57-52.jpeg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks