shower faucet back flow problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

mikeprause

Reaction score
After recently having some yard excavation work done, and quite a bit of silt coming thru the faucets after that, I now have an issue with hot water coming out of the cold water faucet when it is initially turned on. I was told it was possible a back flow problem with a single lever faucet in the system (ie the tub/shower control...Symmons Model A maybe??). If this is the case what can be done it fix it or is this the wrong diagnosis?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
water

If it is the right diagnosis, repair the faucet. If it is the wrong one, and there is no way for us to know which it is, then find the real cause, and we cannot do that either from here.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
What's up with the silt? Were they working on your water main?

The hot to cold crossover normally would only happen if you have a pumped recirculation system. Well, do ya?? !!!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks