Shower drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike_A

Reaction score
Hi, I‘m a homeowner in the process of connecting the 2“ PVC shower drain in the basement, for a shower tray. The existing drain was roughed in when built. It looks like all I need to do at this point is shorten the main line so the trap lines up. Before I make the cut, does it appear I’m on the right track or is there a better or correct way?
Thanks for the help.
Mike

EB78B83B-FFC3-48BD-97AE-A011B43E6EA8.jpeg

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
yea right track ! Id like it even better if you could shorten it enough to just use a single 45 . You would have to crack a bit off the concrete which could be super easy or not and its your choice. it will be ok either way

Reach4

Reaction score
Any concern that the trap will meet the shower drain at the right place?

Reach4

Reaction score
If any doubt, see shower base in concrete

clever position marking.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
You are definately good Mike! pay particular attention to hitting those measurements and coming up plumb out of the slab dont make the 90 have a lot of fall as it makes the rest come up crooked just hold your level against the face of that 90 (or 45s) and make sure it has a little fall bubble partly coming outside lines but not racing down hill

Mike_A

Reaction score
I finally got around to connecting the drain today. Took my time, used a template and measured twice. It should work.

Thanks for everyones advice. Now I got to tackle moving the toilet drain.

3E4B3E89-0910-4D38-96B5-85E3E8E49B82.jpeg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks