Shower drain pipe does not go up to the shower floor level?

Users who are viewing this thread

alex lerner

Reaction score
Hey, folks. My shower is leaking (after many years) and my wife and I were trying to figure out where it leaks. After taking the cover off drain, we had noticed that there doesnt seem to be a pipe that would go from the shower floor level down, Instead, it seems to be round hole going down through concrete and at the bottom there is water standing -- so I am guessing am looking at the trap at that point. But is it normal NOT to have a PVC pipe from the drain level down? Its as if the concrete was molded around the pipe, but then the pipe was pulled out. Is this normal? Up to the code? I'd like to know if we were screwed by the contractor.

Thank you

Last edited:

alex lerner

Reaction score
thanks, Terry. Pictures attached. Extreme closeup --trying to show the gunk inside

Attachments

• IMG_20170605_074658.jpg
    IMG_20170605_074658.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_20170605_074815.jpg
    IMG_20170605_074815.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 292
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks