Shower drain mineral build up. Need some help

Users who are viewing this thread

Kevin21

Reaction score
Moved to a home in Atlanta 6 months ago and found a slow drain in the master shower. I was able to get the water moving again but my concern is the buildup in the pipe (see picture). It appears to be some kind of mineral build up and I am not sure what is the best way to remove it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20200121_160040.jpg
    IMG_20200121_160040.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 148

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Just have to scoop it out. You can use a paint stick and scape the wall of the pipe and pull it out. I probably doesn’t go very deep and you may find hair in the mix. After cleaning it, use an old bottle brush and scrub it with bleach and rinse well.
I have found a black like slim coating on the pvc pipe in my drains. It’ll just peal off and no harm.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks