Shower drain help needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Psal2

Reaction score
New pipes

I put this project on hold until we decided to either 1) expand the shower or 2) just repair it. Finances and time (and wife changing mind againg) finally prevailed and number 2 is the option we picked.

I tried several combinations ot make this work and the only one that put the PVC pipes below floor level was this combination: coupling, 2" pvc piece, 90 degree elb from a P-trap, 22 1/2 hub, 2" pvc piece and the p-trap. This brought the center of the drain close to where it was (over just a few inches). I also put in a sister joist...this was only 34" long because the water pipes run in the cavity and I couldn''t get around them.

Let me know if this works. I intend to bring a 3-5" piece of PVC up from the trap to me the clamping drain I have (still need to get the final measurement). I need to test the pipes before I attache the drain (which will be over 3/4 in ply after cementing them together.

Also had a bunch of little flies in the trap cover when I took it off the coupling and put the rest on. Little buggers were trapped in the pipe. Should I spray anything in there or will the water test trap them to fate of drowning?

Today, I hope to get the pipes done and tested (if you think this works). Then the floor, and I start the blocking and notching in the shower (for PVC liner, CBU and niches). I have the sand topping mix, sand, felt and lathe for the pan and will do that sometime this week. I have mortar mix for the curb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks