Shower Drain height

Users who are viewing this thread

BKM

Reaction score
I had someone come and put in a new drain for my shower because the location of the drain moved. Will this new drain as it is drain properly? It seems like the rise is too high after the trap to have proper drainage and I don't want to close it up before I feel comfortable with the drain.

The photo is hard to see with the angle so I attached a rough drawing.

drain.jpg

drawing.png

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You will need to replace some of that floor joist too before it gets drilled to the correct position. What is the gray pipe that was glued to? If that is steel, there should have been a transition coupling there.

mission_bandseal.jpg

BKM

Reaction score
All the pipes are ABS, the drain line just looks gray in the picture from dust I guess. I figured it wasn't right, I'll pull it all out and redo the whole thing. Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks