Shower Drain Connection

Users who are viewing this thread

IPDQKWID

Reaction score
In a pickle, I probably know the answer to this, and am hoping someone knowledgeable has the magic answer. I'm in the process of moving the floor drain for a shower, due to plan changes (longer story). The first image shows the drain/trap connecting into a vent wye (not sure on the correct terminology). I cut the end of the trap at the hub because there isn't enough pipe to simply extend the new drain off the wye. I need to move the drain/trap about 18" more or less straight out in the direction it is going.

DSCN5425.jpg

The second pic shows the cut just prior to the hub at the end of the trap, just before feeding into the wye. I guess what I am wondering is: the wye connects to what I think is a long-sweep 90 that connects to the feeder drain pipe as it extends further over to the main drain. It may be a street long-sweep, it may not, I haven't dug further due to the wall being there, and everything finished on the other side of the wall, and I think the 2" feeder drain angles further into that finished area on the other side of the wall. Can I feasibly cut the long sweep just under its first hub and glue a coupler on there to attach another wye? The pipe starts to sweep and I don't know if the coupler will attach. If this makes sense, does anyone have any advice?
DSCN5427.jpg

Highlander

Reaction score
A “fitting saver”/ “pipe hog” special drill bit should let you drill out that tiny piece of pipe that’s still in the fitting so that you can then glue in the longer piece and trap you need.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks