Shower doors

Users who are viewing this thread

Willl

Reaction score
When selecting bathtub bypass doors and shower doors what is the best quality metallic finish. Is it Nickel? I have gotten some polished brass ones that don't last long at all. I plan on going through my local ******* that carry the showerite brand. Anybody ever heard of showerite? I was also going to get it in the hammered finish if that is a good glass finish for showers. Thanks

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Hammered is a good glass for showers. The metals are mostly anodized aluminum, and unless the finish is PVD ( don't know if they can do that on aluminum) anything like polished brass will not last.

Willl

Reaction score
Thanks,

The manufacturers usually have the same choices to make for finishes. Which one are you saying is the best quality. I believe brushed nickel is the best but am not sure.

Does this go the same with faucets too. I have some polished brass faucets around the house that seem to have help up pretty well but I will wind up getting everything in a brushed nickel type finish if they last longer. Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Most of the manufacturers have a lifetime finish on some of their fixtures. If you get one with that, and it starts to look lousy and you haven't used an abrasive cleaner on it, they'll give you a new one. The actual finish color you choose has little to do with how long it lasts, it's how it is applied.

Willl

Reaction score
I guess the faucets had a pvd finish while the shower doors I used didn't.

If it isn't more durable then why is brushed nickel the most expensive. Thanks

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Any finish but chrome, on faucets, or polished aluminum on things like shower doors, or white on sinks and toilets, cost more because they are in fashion demand, they are produced in smaller quantities than the "basic" and a distant 3rd, they may cost more to do.

Brushed nickel has become so "in" that the prices of that have come down a lot recently, especially in the faucet and hardware arena.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks