shower divertor valve

Users who are viewing this thread

pawpace

Reaction score
I have a shower with an older one handle valve for off and on and hot/cold. It is a Moen (I believe) with the plastic ball inside with the two rubber caps and springs. I am not getting water pressure ( only a small trickle) to the shower head so I replaced the springs and caps. The ball looked like it was in good shape with no obstructions inside so it was not replaced. The rebuild did not do any good. I am getting good water pressure to the valve but cannot get the pressure to the shower head.

This shower is in the basement and does not get a lot of use. Thinking there might be an obstruction, I have tried to run a wire from the valve to the head but too much of a bend for the wire to make it all the way thru.

Any suggestions on what the problem might be?

Thanks

Mike

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Not Moen. Sounds like Delta. In any event, first suspect is the shower head itself. Remove it and see if water flows well out the arm. If so, the inlet screens and/or internals are clogged on the head.

pawpace

Reaction score
Yep, already tried that. Shower head is not clogged.

Thanks

Mike

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks