Shower diverter question

Users who are viewing this thread

homerdog

Reaction score
My tub has no shower (it is separate) but has a faucet with the ring in the bottom that you pull to divert the water to the shower. While the water was filling the tub up my kid pulled the ring on the tub faucet that diverts the water to the shower. Now it is under pressure and I can't get the ring back in. On the rest of my showers I just turn off the water and the diverter goes back to normal but that won't work here because I have no shower to relieve the pressure. I shut the water off to the house hoping it would drain but had no luck. Any suggestions appreciated. Happy New Year.

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
did you turn the house water off then open a few valves. (tub in question, kitchen faucet, etc) that tends to break any pressure you have built up.

homerdog

Reaction score
I did open a few faucets last night with no luck. After reading your post I gave it another try and opened several faucets (after turning off the supply) and it released the pressure from the tub. Patrick-Thank you for the quick help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks