Shower Diverter Handle Stuck Open

Users who are viewing this thread

filthee

Reaction score
Hello all. My wife just informed me that the lever on her shower faucet that diverts water from the bath faucet to the shower head has been stuck for the past 3 months. :confused: It's the kind of lever that you pull/push up or down to alternate between shower and bath.

It seems like it's fused rock solid. I mean there's no play at all. I screwed the whole faucet assembly loose so I could look into the mouth of the faucet. There is some mineral buildup there. Could that be all it is?

If not, what's my next step?

Thanks. :eek:

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There are thousands of models out there...it would help with the brand and model, but if that isn't possible, post a picture.

filthee

Reaction score
Here you go. I hope this helps. Thanks!

tub-spout-diverter-a1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You can just see the set screw in that slot underneath the spout. Loosen it up and the spout should pull off (didn't notice if there was any caulk - that might need cutting). IF the setscrew wasn't too tight, sliding a new one on is easy. If it was tight, sometimes the seal can be problematic if the pipe is no longer round. You may want to remove any burr if there is one from the screw so you don't damage the O-ring in the new spout.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks