shower cartridge

Users who are viewing this thread

jimbo55

Reaction score
I have to say everyone who helps with plumbing questions are fantastic people. i need to find a shower cartridge. there are no markings on existing one. i have taken a few pics. the handle slides onto a plastic T and the logo on handle is like a flower. any info on make and model would be appreciated

Attachments

• Aug18^02.JPG
    Aug18^02.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 452
  • Aug18^03.JPG
    Aug18^03.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 420

copsquat

Reaction score
Well it seems we are in the same situation here. I started a thread about 10 below yours asking for help identifiying my shower valves and it seems you have the exact same one. I posted a pic of the valve with the handle pulled off but couldn't figure out how to expose the valve like you did. I am trying to figure out how to increase my hot water pressure which is lousy. If you have any more info on these valves please post it for me and I will let you know if I find out anything. If I could find out the brand I could probably get instructions from some website or other. Thanks.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Well we are stumped again! Plumbing fixtures can tend to be regional, Especially some old stuff. Today, brands like PP, Moen, Delta, Am. Std. are quite national, but even then buliders and developers tend to have favorites, so you do find clusters. Many smaller brands are not found at all in certain areas.

Most of my experience here in So. Cal. is in neighborhoods which are 35 years old and under! It is not mixed. There are NO older houses. I have some familiarity with some older neighborhoods down in the beach area. These mostly date from ~1950~1960. In the '50s I see some A. Std. After that, it's all PP. There is the Barber tract, pre WWII. The places which have not been remodeled seem to be Wolverine brass. Only place I have ever seen it. Brands like Sayco, Central, Symmons, Powers, are virtually non-existent. A very few old Cranes.

So, I hope some pros from back east somewhere ( East being defined as East of I-15) can help you out here!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

IT has been years since I have seen one of those. If I remember correctly it is Symmons or Speakman, probably Speakman, but I don't remember the model number.

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
faucet

May be a Stanadine/Moen with a different cartridge???

spelling is terrible.............

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks