Shower Body Stem ID

Users who are viewing this thread

MyHD120

Plumber
Reaction score
Can anyone identify the stems on this shower body. The actual body is Speakman. The telephone style external faucet identity is the mystery. The stems have no retaining cup for the washers. The washers are thicker then a normal washer and the washers are "push on", no screws. Of course, I'm only trying to replace the washers.
Thanks,
Gary

Attachments

• Faucet2.jpg
    Faucet2.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 383
  • Complete SB.jpg
    Complete SB.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 306
  • Stem.jpg
    Stem.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 344

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
Standard washers should work. You may have to enlarge the holes in them a little so they can snap on to the stems.

John

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

That style wall mount faucet is made by many third party companies, but since they all look similar, but are different internally, you almost have to know the manufacturer. I would suspect a "snap on" washer would be some import, since few domestic manufacturers would resort to that type of design.

MyHD120

Plumber
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I'm a plumber also. I've shopped the stems around Long Island for some time now and couldn't get a hit. The washers were shutting down the flow and would start to chatter. I flipped them over but now they are starting to whistle. The problem with using a standard washer, because it is thinner, would bring back the chatter problem. I will check the web sites. Thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks