shower body machine gun noise

Users who are viewing this thread

tjlank

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just had some existing plumbing upgraded that supplies my second floor bath. Now we get a very disturbing noise/vibration in the pipes that go all the way down into the basement. It sounds like a machine gun, and produces a constant rhythm when the shower handle is at a specific point in its allowed rotation. If you turn it all the way cold, the noise goes away, same for hot. It's somewhere in the middle that produces this unwanted situation.

When the water was first turned on after the piping change there was a lot of junk clogging up the shower body. I cleaned it out and several more times after that yet the noise still remains. The profoessionals who did the work took 3/4" pipe up to the second floor from the 1/2" pipe on the boiler. The shower and all fixtures in the bath are all 1/2" supply. Any ideas on what is going on?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks