Should You Flush That Wipe?

Users who are viewing this thread

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrf. Out of sight, out of mind. Just where do people thing those things go?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
baby-wipes-1.jpg

I pulled this Kohler toilet today and they were stuck in the trapway, and hanging out the bottom of the bowl.
Baby Wipes clog the toilets, the main lines, and when they get farther, the waste water pumps. The wipes do not break down. They should never go into a toilet and down your sewer. The homeowner said one or two went down by accident, but I pulled out maybe a dozen.

c100-washlet-02.jpg

TOTO MS604114CEFG with a C100 Washlet.

TOTO SW2034#01 C100 WASHLET Electronic Bidet Toilet Seat, Elongated, Cotton White

Toilet paper breaks down naturally. If you need something wet to wipe with, it's better to install a bidet seat to the toilet, and stick with normal wood based paper that breaks down. You will save everyone down the "line" a lot of grief.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks